Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas almond biscuits

Ok, I'm a bit late for Christmas, but I couldn't find the time to bake these amazing biscuits earlier, and I really missed their orangy taste. Plus I had some organic oranges in the cupboard, so I had to make good use of them :)

I discovered this recipe years ago on Camille's lovely blog and as it's naturally gluten and dairy free, it's still one of my Christmas classics. I was a bit lazy today and skipped the icing (and it's sweet enough anyway!) but here is the complete recipe.



Ingredients


For 30-40 biscuits:
300g of ground almonds
250g of sugar
2 egg whites
zest of 1 organic orange

For the icing:
150g of icing sugar
1 egg white


Directions


1/ Combine ground almonds, sugar and orange zest.

2/ Beat egg whites into soft peaks, fold in the almond mix to get a soft dough. If it is sticky, add a bit of sugar.

3/ Spread the dough with a rolling pin. (It's easier if you place the dough between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper.) It must be about 5 mm thin. Form little stars, moons, etc. with a cookie cutter and put them on a baking tray.

4/ Cook for 10 to 15 min in the oven preheated to 150°C. The biscuits must stay soft and barely golden, they will harden when cooling down.

5/ Prepare the icing: beat the egg white into stiff peaks, fold in the icing sugar. Dip the top of the biscuits in the icing and let them dry out on a baking shelf. They will smooth and dry overnight at room temperature.




No comments:

Post a Comment